Get the most out of Google Maps!
Connecting Google Maps with Rows gives you the power to find directions and places and enrich them with data, all in a spreadsheet.
Things you can do when using Google Maps with Rows include:
- Geocode addresses or locations by converting them into their longitude and latitude coordinates.
- Reverse geocode pairs of longitude and latitude coordinates into their address.
- Find the directions between locations using several modes of transportation including transit, driving, walking, or cycling.
- Calculate the travel distance and time for a matrix of origins and destinations.
- Find the elevation of locations in meters.
About Google Maps
Google Maps is a web mapping service developed by Google. It offers satellite imagery, aerial photography, street maps, 360° interactive panoramic views of streets (Street View), real-time traffic conditions, and route planning for traveling by foot, car, bicycle and air (in beta), or public transportation. In 2020, Google Maps was used by over 1 billion people every month. Google Maps offers an API that allows maps to be embedded on third-party websites, and offers a locator for businesses and other organizations in numerous countries around the world.cloud.google.com/maps-platform/
Get directions according to you start and end locations. You can further define your search by choosing a mode of transportation or adding waypoints.
Get the recommended distance and time between start and end locations.
Get the elevation, in meters, for a given set of coordinates.
Get the latitude and longitude coordinates for an address.
Get details about places within a specified location and according to your query.
Get details about a place, such as phone numbers, opening hours, reviews, and more.
Get a list of places, along with their addresses, place IDs, ratings, and more, based on your search query.
Get the address based on latitude and longitude coordinates.
Google Maps content to help you get started!